Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Teachers/Administration

I have made many observations in regards to my administrators and the overall teaching faculty. I believe that most people on both sides are working hard to serve our children. However, I feel that some lack the cultural sensitivity required to work with students from desperate backgrounds. With that said, I have had a blasts getting to know my colleagues over the course of the semester -- we do perform like no other school in NYC.

I have met a few colleagues that will become life-long friends ... for sure ... They challenge me when I need to be challenged (professionally and personally) and support me when I need to be supported .......... However, work would not be work if you did not have that pocket of folks that you have no idea why they do what they do :) :)

Stay Tuned ... I'm cranking the post out quickly ... hopefully without too many errors!

No comments: