Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Stress

Thursday, June 12, 2008 I will make my first journey into a Bronx classroom to make observations.

Friday, June 13, 2008 I will teach my first 40 minute class ... followed by an intense job interview

Let me go prepare .... the craziness is just getting started!

P.S. Race is truly a social construct! I went to the barbershop today ... the first one I fell upon where the barbers appeared black. I sat for a while, then realized the barbers were Hispanic -- so I got the opportunity to practice Spanish and give my barber his first black haircut. (As we got into the haircut and he begin to present options -- I just prayed and said one or two :))

3 comments:

Renee said...

good luck benny. Ps could you please rename your blog to HANGING WITH MR COOPER

Anonymous said...

Well, how was the interview and class observation?

Christi

B.L. Cooper said...

It went extremely well .... it sold me on the idea this is for me for 2 years .......
A kid from the Dominican Republic came over 6 months ago without any relatives or any English proficiency. My heart went out to him ... you could tell he was broken over it and had not talked about it to anyone else. * it came out as I asked a question during my introduction phase*

TTYL