Monday, February 23, 2009

A LESSON LEARNED ... A LESSON TO BE TAUGHT

I have learned that as we walk during the paths of life, we must keep our eyes on the prize. In the midst of reflecting upon our experiences, we must keep our eyes on the prize. In the midst of searching for ways to give back, we must keep our eyes on the prize. Last year, as I begin to reflect upon the mountains I had climbed -- strangely I begin to feel guilty -- I became distracted. I begin to think of how far I had come and contemplate my debt to society and the urgency to make a payment. However, today I'm glad to report I am re-focused -- and mine eyes are again on the same prize that has brought me thus far. I now know I must keep moving and give back simultaneously.

I teach this lesson to my students daily. They must decide to be better -- even when it hurts or they are forced to lose friends. I'm reminded of one of my students, 6V, he explained to me that each time he steps into the "streets" -- people are trying to kill him -- because of the poor decisions he made in life. I pleaded with 6V to make a decision. But 6V said any decision would include running -- and "we" don't run from our problems like punks.

Yet, this same lesson ... I just learned. Few understand the concept of having "guilt for making it" --

SUMMARY: YOU CAN'T FEEL GUILTY FOR MAKING IT!

** EXCUSE GRAMMAR AND SPELLING AS IM SLEEEEEEEEEEEEPY

No comments: