Thursday, February 26, 2009

Few Notes on Wednesday and Thursday

As many of you know I LOVE SOCIOLOGY! Yesterday, I had the opportunity to express my affection for sociology to my students as we finished our discussion of the progressive movement. They were really excited about the discipline considering many of the issues addressed are directly related to them.

We also hit on Marx .... and while a few students expressed they agreed with his basic tenets ... many disagreed on the grounds of fairness .... we will re-address this idea again next week for clarity.

The students hated SOCIAL DARWINISM ..... (I should record some of my class discussions and post them) .... kids are really funny when they get "frazzled"

----
Today my student requested I bake cookies for our next Research Symposium .... I have to decided if I want to put my cooking skills on display :)

No comments: