Thursday, August 21, 2008

PD Day 2

Professional Development today was so funny. Some of the new teachers don't appear to have attended public schools. One question that raised was what to do if your student is having a bad day? Several of my colleagues responded you should let the kid put their head down or chill. (I just shook my head) If you do this the kids will certainly love you and do NO work! I'm like you should definitely empathize with your students, but sympathy is simply ridiculous if you expect students to rise from their current conditions.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Ok, I just noticed the times of your two recent posts!! What are you doing up at that time of night????

It sounds like you're off to an amazing start! I wonder if your students have any idea what they're up against!!

Keep up the good work...and get some sleep!!

Anonymous said...

MY SLEEP SCHEDULE IS HORRIBLE. fIRST TIME i WAS JUST WAKING UP AND DAY 2 I WAS GETTING READY 4 BED